The small animal internal medicine service offers specialized knowledge, advanced diagnostics, and a high level of experience with the treatment and management for a variety of internal medicine problems of dogs and cats.
Our board certified internal medicine specialist, Dr. Martin, and a team of technicians diagnose and manage chronic diseases, including disorders of the endocrine system, digestive system, liver, urinary system, immune system, and infectious diseases. They investigate these conditions with a combination of blood and urine tests, tissue biopsy or cytology, cultures, and/or diagnostic imaging (radiographs, ultrasound, endoscopy, MRI).
Dr. Martin also has a special interest in oncology — the specialty of cancer medicine.
Internal Medicine Services and Procedures
- Hemodynamic monitoring
- Endoscopy with high-resolution video including: rhinoscopy, gastroscopy, colonoscopy, cystoscopy and tracheo bronchoscopy
- Non-invasive biopsy and aspiration
- Gastrointestinal/ esophageal motility evaluation
- Telemetry cardiac monitoring
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Pulse oximetry monitoring
- Fluid therapy infusion pumps
- Blood and plasma transfusion
- Intensive care oxygen therapy
- Partial or total parenteral nutrition (PPN or TPN)
- Endotracheal wash or BAL