When to See an Animal Neurologist
When does your pet need to see a neurologist or neurosurgeon?
- Head tilts
- Loss of balance
- Abnormal behaviors: staring in space, getting stuck in corners, etc.
- Inability to walk
- Weakness in the legs/limbs
- Pain in the back or neck
- Walking in Circles
- And more
Some clinical signs can also refer to other body systems. For example:
- Blindness can be neurological or ophthalmological
- Lameness can be neurological or orthopedic
- Seizures can be due to brain problem or toxins, or liver disease, etc.
It is important to consult your veterinarian and discuss the clinical signs at the time of a physical exam.
Early referral leads to early diagnosis and early treatment!